- Configures, installs, maintains and upgrades computer systems hardware and software.
- Administers and maintains security of operating system.
- Restores files or systems by designing, writing and implementing back-up procedures.
- Provides operational support for the organizations information systems and peripheral equipment such as application servers, database servers, web servers, desktops, printers and storage devices.
- Performs recovery procedures, scheduling and back-ups and monitors batch processes.
- Install configure, troubleshoot, and perform systems administration of operating systems like AIX (Advanced Interactive eXecutive), HACMP (High Availability Cluster Multiprocessing), and IBM P-series servers.
- Design and implement SAN (storage area network) storage allocation for expansion of file systems.
- Analyze and resolve hardware and software failures on servers.
- Perform storage administration and support. Install and configure software like TSM (Tivoli Storage Manager) or related.
- Verify backup of TSM (Tivoli Storage Manager) or related for critical systems. Determine and monitor technical status of backup and recovery systems.
- Install and configure operating system and software patches and security updates.
- Troubleshoot application issues as well as issues with backups and/or restores.
- Test backups and backup strategy by analyzing daily backup statistics.
- Perform customer requirement studies and analysis in regards to systems administration.
Minimum Educ/Exp: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering/CS/Eng/Sci/Computer Information Systems/ related 5 years progressive post baccalaureate with related work experience.
Employer will also accept a Master’s Degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering/CS/Eng/Sci/Computer Information Systems with 3 years related work experience.
Hours: Full-time: Forty hours per week
Work site: 39159 Paseo Padre Parkway Suite 303 Fremont, CA 94538. May work at various unanticipated locations throughout the US, relocation may be required.