Job Description –
Seeking a Network Engineer to assist in supporting a statewide multi-level network. This person should have a working knowledge of core routing and switching design (Cisco). The candidate should have a solid understanding of and experience with firewalls ( Checkpoint and Palo Alto). Experience with load balancers is preferred (f5). Experience with NetSkope is preferred. The Position will be part of a team providing security related functions with heavy focus on IPSec related tasks and build outs. Additional tasks include monitoring and maintenance on a large optical and IP routed WAN, LAN, and datacenter network to include firewalls, load balancers, wireless networks, routers, and switches.
- Support the build out isec tunnels as part of the NetSkope project
- Administer, configure, and perform maintenance on network switches, routers, wireless access points, and other devices as necessary (devices listed in qualifications).
- Monitor all network services to accomplish proactive trouble avoidance while maintaining the highest network availability.
- Monitoring and maintenance as part of a team on a large optical and IP routed WAN, LAN, and datacenter network to include firewalls, load balancers, wireless networks, routers, and switches.
- Identify and analyze problems, deficiencies, and sub-standard performance within the network.
- Perform diagnostic testing and problem determination on network equipment. Troubleshoot and track trouble calls on network routers, switches and WAN circuits.
- Participate in an on-call rotation.
- Communicate and work closely with customers and coworkers on a daily basis.
- Continually update firewall policies.
- Continuously monitor network utilization trends and use analysis and data to provide a proactive network capacity strategy.
- Ensure all necessary reports, correspondence, documentation, etc. are prepared, kept, maintained, and processed in the manner required.
- Vendor contact and support as needed.
Skills Required – Palo Alto
- 5+ years overall experience in network engineering, design, operations, administration, security and enterprise network services
- 2+ years relevant experience on a comparable network.
- Undergraduate degree preferred.
- Working knowledge of optical/telecom networking, network architecture and experience with the following:
- Palo Alto (Panorama), Checkpoint network and security related products, F5 (LTM), Fiber (DWDM), Cisco Routers (ASRs, 1002, 4331, 9000 series), Cisco Switches (Nexus), QoS policies.
- Understanding, knowledge or prior experience with NetSkope security
- Configuration, management, maintenance, troubleshooting of firewalls.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analysis, problem-solving and organization skills
- Cisco, Palo Alto, Checkpoint or related certifications highly preferred
Shift timings – Under 24/7 working environment (with rotating shifts)